Tuesday 1 December 2009

So I get up, and don't talk to anyone. For perhaps an hour or so and in a coffee shop I pretend to be mute. To avoid awkward conversation. And I find this all rather entertaining.

And it's not until I reach the meeting point, an art gallery; at which I arrive early and stand around for about twenty minutes.

That I first talk. And the first words I speak are a lie. And they are 'My driver dropped me off'. And I'm not really bothered, because I'm still finding this entire game highly entertaining, and I don't, and never will, know these people. So that's ok.

And on the walk to the second gallery, I just stop in the middle of the pavement, wait for thirty seconds and slip into a shop. And then I go home, and its all very funny, to me at least. And when I arrive home I've successfully filled enough time in the day to:
a) feel guilty about wasting time
b) receive a parcel

5 comments:

SpiritMountainGuy said...

I guess you learned something of a sort. So, what's on the agenda for tomorrow???

Well, with that question, its late and I'm off to bed. - V.

Tim in the City of Angles said...

You've got me stuck on "An Angel Falls", damn you. I'm spending my days switching between "Skins" re-runs and novel writing, so you're doing okay, even if it's just confounding the masses.

Reverting back to LP's blog, maybe we should all just be covered in ink that defines our moods and have velcro clothing that we can tear away so don't have to speak if we don't want to.

A parcel?

abristolnovella said...

How many tat's does that boy have now? 9? I'm actually considering another as we speak, maybe as a Christmas present to myself

Tim in the City of Angles said...

mmmmmm... that depends on whether we're counting 'Brent Easton Ellis' as one tat or three.

You've never mentioned that you've been inked, have you?

I have one and want another, but I've pledged to my mates that I'll only get the second one at the same time and place as the first, namely Dallas, Texas during Gay Pride.

abristolnovella said...

I have one, and have had for a number of years. Namely three. It sites the geographical location of my birth.