Friday 17 July 2009

I awake this morning to find myself alone. A normal occurrence in this residence, especially since my father is extremely footloose due to his retirement. However I am sure that it wont be long before he returns, a week perhaps, at most.

On Wednesday, after running three miles at the gym, I visit three supermarkets in order to purchase Perrier.
Two of these establishments only sell San Pellegrino. Which appears to be the favoured carbonated water around here. And the third is sold out. Who would have thought that it was so hard to find?

These disappointments are all that have occurred this week. That and an undisclosed difficult decision of Thursday, which has called for numerous telephone calls, altered many a plan, and still remains unresolved.

According to the elaborate penmanship (of possibly my mother?) in my agenda, I am set to attend a graduation ceremony, commencing at...some unreasonable time tomorrow. Where no doubt, more disappointments will follow.

(Also, hello anonymous commenter. Your comment, as witty and as thought out as it is, has touched me in a way incomparable to any other, a way in which Tim could only wish to).

3 comments:

Tim in the City of Angles said...

i think that any "touching" in this particular instance is of the "self" variety. but we're all allowed our fantasies, aren't we?

Ben said...

So did you purchase the San Pellegrino instead?

I can't cope with fizz in my water. Give me a bottle of Volvic any day. Or a tap, for that matter.

Hope your unresolved difficult decision gets satisfactorily resolved.

abristolnovella said...

I bought the Perrier, eventually. I'd never drink from their rival haha!